Exchange rates are calculated by averaging multiple market prices across various exchanges, weighted by volume traded on them in the last 24 hours (VWAP 24h). To calculate the fair market value, we use both passive (Orderbook) and active (Executed transactions) market data. Our algorithm uses direct and indirect symbols to calculate the exchange rate, by crossing indirect symbols using central banks’ foreign exchange reference rates. (For example, to calculate the exchange rates of BTC/USD, we also incorporate BTC/CNY, BTC/JPY, BTC/GBP, BTC/EUR.)
Articles in this section
- Geographic locations and the latency.
- Certificate validation failed when trying connect to the API
- What protocols can I use to access CoinAPI?
- What languages do you support?
- Where can I find examples and SDK source codes for API?
- Where can I find API documentation?
- How are exchange rates calculated?
- Did your API support trading (buy/sell) operations?
- What are the restrictions on usage of real-time protocols?
- What happens if I exceed my plan’s REST API daily request limit?